NEWA partners understand that the value of weather data is greater when shared.
Fifteen land grant universities and grower associations partner together to build the NEWA network across 15 states. Created by the New York State Integrated Pest Management Program at Cornell University, NEWA is a partnership with the Northeast Regional Climate Center. NEWA’s weather station hardware partners are RainWise, Inc. and Onset Data Loggers. Our funding partners are many, since our founding in 1995 and across our partners states; we acknowledge them on this page.
NEWA in New York State
The New York State Coordinator is listed here. Contact this person with questions about NEWA tools and resources in New York or find your NEWA State Coordinator in the listing below.
New York State IPM Program
Geneva, NY 14456
Growers in NEWA Partner States can link their own RainWise, Inc. or Onset Data Logger weather station to the NEWA network at no additional charge. Visit our Buy a Weather Station to learn more.
Want your state to join NEWA? Visit our Become a Partner page to learn more about state-level membership.
NEWA State Coordinators
Find your NEWA state coordinator for additional information:
University of Connecticut
University of Massachusetts
Michigan State University
Minnesota Apple Growers Association
University of New Hampshire
Rutgers, The State University
North Carolina State University
The Ohio State University-OARDC
Penn State University
University Park, PA 16802
University of Vermont
540-869-2560 ext. 33
West Virginia University
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Utah State University
NEWA Funding Acknowledgements
Our funding partners have insured the success and continuation of NEWA. We acknowledge the contributions of all the farms that have purchased a weather station, installed it, and maintained it. This support is priceless.
- Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Cornell University Agricultural Experiment Station
- Garden State Wine Growers Association
- Lake Erie Region Grape Processors
- Michigan Cherry Committee
- Michigan Apple Committee
- Michigan Tree Fruit Commission
- Minnesota Apple Growers Association
- New York Apple Research and Development Program
- New York State Berry Growers Association
- New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets
- New York State Integrated Pest Management Program
- New York Farm Viability Institute
- New York Wine and Grape Foundation
- North Carolina Apple Growers Association
- Northeast SARE
- Northeastern IPM Center
- Northeast Center for Risk Management Education
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- New York State Agricultural Experiment Station
- Pennsylvania Horticultural Society
- USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture
- CPPM ARDP
- CPPM EIP
- NEED NERA
- Smith Lever Funds
- Specialty Crops Block Grants
- USDA Telecommunications
- US Forest Service Climate Center, Eastern Region
- University of Massachusetts Amherst Center for Agriculture, Food, and the Environment
- Virginia Wine Board
- Viticulture Consortium – East
- Wisconsin Apple Growers Association
- Wisconsin Grape Growers Association
Our goal is to provide a positive and productive NEWA experience. Visit our Get Help page for more information. Staff are on-hand to answer your questions, provide support for NEWA tools and resources, or help with your weather station.
Have a question?
About Weather Stations
NEWA works with RainWise, Inc. and Onset Data Loggers, which are configured for NEWA’s agricultural production tools. Visit our Buy a Weather Station page to contact vendors and understand the steps required for connecting with NEWA resources.
Become a Partner
NEWA is a partnership of land grant universities and grower associations. If you live in a partner state, you can buy a weather station for your farm and connect to NEWA.
- Cornell University
- Michigan State University
- Minnesota Apple Growers Assoc.
- North Carolina Apple Growers Assoc.
- The Ohio State University
- Pennsylvania State University
- Rutgers University
- University of Connecticut
- University of Massachusetts
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Vermont
- University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Utah State University
- Virginia Tech
- West Virginia University Extension Service